Sunday, May 20, 2012

Excuses

Where did all that time go, it’s been two months since I last posted anything. There are several reasons for this, none to do with lack of interest.

The biggest one is that spring (my favorite time of the garden year) arrived and the garden was suddenly full of things to see and do. It seems absurd to sit inside on a sunny day, staring at a computer screen, writing about gardening, when you can be out in the garden. I’ve always claimed to be a gardener first and a writer a distant second.


This time of year is always very busy with starting the vegetable gardening and moving and propagating plants, but this year has been even more hectic than usual. This is because I have been clearing a huge swath of land (maybe ¼ acre) that has been covered in poison oak since before I moved here. This is going to be my next garden area and has required a lot of work (it still does).

With all of this outdoor activity, my time on the computer has been limited to necessity. This has meant working on the Smartgardener.com website (which is mainly devoted to vegetable gardening), converting my print books to e-books and working on a Fruit Gardeners Handbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment